Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"not so" local font finds #9


The Olde Fish House Marina not only has an interesting sign out front, it has some cool stuff hanging inside. Great "A" above.




The Li'l Stinger has a great look. Love how the lowercase "i" was jammed into "stinger". Not sure that making the apostrophe black was necessary, but hey, why not?!!? I do like the lettering more than the illustration and the "G" seems a bit skinny.


This wasn't actually inside the Olde Fish House. It is the logo on a beat up forklift out back.



 
...and the BEST is last!!!!! I find myself wishing for this sign regularly. It should be in my home in a place of honor. I would hug it and squeeze it and call it George. It is close to perfection. I LOVE IT!!! The fish is fantastically simple. The black and orange are awesome (orange has been my favorite color since childhood)!!!!!! The subtle addition of water along the bottom adds a touch of texture to the background "X"! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. No one ever knows what I mean by...love it, squeeze it, and call it George AND orange is one of my favs too! We must be from waaaay back!

    ReplyDelete