Tuesday, January 1, 2013

local font find #11



While driving to the in-laws the other day, Ashley noticed this "sign". I'm not sure where to begin. I'd like to say that it's so bad it's good. But I can't say that. I guess I'll just speak to the font. It has some kerning (spacing) issues. The A is quite a ways from the T and the I is uncomfortably close to the X. The D seems to be sagging from age. The roundness in the R and D fails...probably tape was used to mask the lettering while they went to town with the Rustoleum. It sure is difficult to neatly turn your masking tape. I'm sure that the owners are outstanding at taxidermy.... a very difficult skill. It takes real talent and attention to detail to make a name for yourself in the field of taxidermy. It's very competitive in these parts. This sign just doesn't make me feel as though the details are getting the attention they need. The sign is my first impression. Their business card to public passing through.

If I do need a taxidermist, I can guarantee that I WILL stop into this establishment first. They're out there taking that financial risk. Their spirit is there even though the lettering is struggling. Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment