Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ash gets this illustration SO RIGHT!


My father-in-law was once a driver up in Woodhull, N.Y. There's a dirt track up there where he showed his skills and mechanical savvy. His stories about trading paint and trickery in the pits never get dull.

I think of this rendering often. It is my favorite design from the hands of my wife. It is yet another card for her father's birthday or father's day????. There is something about the drawing's simplicity, retro style and overall feel that has me thinking that many possibilities for expansion are captured within. The helicopter logo and the pebbles are such nice touches. She impresses me more with every new artistic outpouring. She would disagree with my assessment of there being greatness in her work, but she would be wrong (don't tell her about this one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment