Friday, October 28, 2011

the year was 1988

Yes, folks, it was just 30 bucks back in the day to see 6 home games at Beaver Stadium. Fresh outta high school, $30 seemed like a pretty good deal for the worst seats in the stadium (Yes, I was one of the few who went to the games to watch football!!!!). Those were great times with some great folks. My friends from that time were like family to me and some of them, though quite a distance from me now, are still my closest friends. If any of you are reading this, "I miss you". I looked up the current pricing for these same endzone freshman tickets and it has soared up to $218 for the season. I'm not sure I could part with that much dough if I were a freshman today. The seventh game of the world series is on as I type this....I worry about maxing out a credit card to have my children experience a quality sporting event in this crazy age we're in. GO STATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment