Sunday, August 25, 2013

angry strongo #39 the new wallet











I normally don't write about my Angry Strongo comics but this one is rare for two reasons. First, Angry really isn't hassled throughout the entire comic. It ends well with him getting what he pays for, rare indeed!. Second, I really do love my new paper wallet! This thing is awesome. My d.i.y. blank mighty wallet by DYNOMIGHTY DESIGN was well worth the $15 (free shipping!!!). I was skeptical at first because I did think I could build one like it. After getting it, I was instantly sure I couldn't pull it off nearly as well. There's nothing worse than paying for something you could do on your own with a little bit of effort. This wasn't one of those times.

The worst thing about ordering the blank version was what to draw on it (also, DON'T MESS IT UP!!!!!). The Tyvek material doesn't bleed much when the Sharpie hits it which allowed for some stress relief. I decided that Angry should be on the wallet with him presenting his proudly. I do have to find some Sharpies with those odd colors so I can finish the coloring. 





Inside, I let my kids sign it with a small date in the corner. Clare (4 yrs old) hasn't had many reasons to write her name this summer. She'll have her lower case "a" back on track in no time!




Also, a big "thanks" to Sarah (my sister-in-law) and her boyfriend, Luke, for showing me these wallets online. BIG thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment