Thursday, December 26, 2013

designing characters for Terrayn

The process is well underway of designing a set of four characters for this online computer game...Terrayn. Terrayn is being developed and that process is still tough to describe in a blog format. Simply said: Amazing. The guys need me to come up with four kings/rulers, all of which are siblings. Two males and two females that will represent four different kingdoms. Without describing them in detail at this point, I thought I would just show some initial sketches. I figure if I start putting them out there for others to see, I automatically place pressure on my performance. This always seems to help. Good Stress!

This first character is the youngest and baddest. Likes to fight. I wanted him to look like he is ready to fight even though he is a ruler. Obviously likes to show off his powerful form as I kept his wears minimalist.


This next character is the one I completed this evening. The hardest part is familiarizing myself with possible clothing ideas. I am new to this kind of art. I am struggling to keep it unique and still adhere to my own preference and keep the design/materials simple. All of the google searching has me not wanting to google search. Most of the characters being developed are way out there. I am attempting to reel it all in and make these rulers seem possible. Without getting into the idea of the game (you can link to the facebook page and "like" it and learn more about it there), my thinking has these kings wearing very reserved attire. Maybe it is just my style coming through....we'll see what the powers that be think. The game is to have a family appeal....the ladies will be handled as classy as possible. Wow, some games sure sell the scantily clad stuff. I will be no part of that... never have, never will. My son reads this blog! Anywho:



If you like what you see, then head on over and Like us at 
https://www.facebook.com/TerraynOnline .

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I like how you don't overdo it with the muscles, like some who work in this genre.

    ReplyDelete